Date Due: Sunday, October 29, 2023, by 11:59pm
Paper Length: 6 – 8 pages
Papers must be typed written and double-spaced. For citations, APA style must be utilized. A minimum of four (4) references must be used.
Based on the book, Drinking: A Love Story, please answer the following questions. For the paper, you are expected to discuss the dynamics of the main character as if you were presenting him/her at a case conference.
You should consider the following issues in your paper.
1) What was the client’s presenting problem and how did they eventually come to seek treatment?
2) What were the client’s drug(s) of choice and how did the drug affect the individual’s lifestyle?
3When, why, and how long did the client begin use of drugs?
4) What might have led to the client’s addiction? Which theory of addiction do you believe applies to the main character’s experience with addiction? (Select a theory from the course material)
5) What, if any, were the consequences of the individual’s substance use? How did it affect the person’s relationships, ability to work, etc?
6) What was the client’s developmental history? Were there any milestones or significant life events that maybe related to the client’s dependence?
7) Describe the client’s family – What was her childhood like?
8) What are the personality characteristics exhibited by this individual?
9) What treatment modality would you suggest? Make use of the readings and class discussions to substantiate your understanding of the client.
10) Develop, and submit, along with the paper, a comprehensive, biopsychosocial genogram based on the main character.
Please note that extensions will not be granted.
The postappeared first on .