For this project, you’ll answer seven questions about artists from ten of the art movements you studied throughout your course. You must select one artist from each of the following movements to research:
◦ François-Xavier Fabre
◦ Adelaide Labille-Guiard
◦ Jacques-Louis David
◦ Joseph Wright
◦ William Blake
◦ Sophie Fremiet
3. Realism and Impressionism:
◦ Gustave Caillebotte
◦ Edouard Manet
◦ Rosa Bonheur
◦ Paula Modersohn-Becker
◦ Edouard Vuillard
◦ Joaquin Sorolla
5. Expressionism and Fauvism:
◦ Xul Solar
◦ Paul Klee
◦ Auguste Rodin
6. Cubism and Futurism:
◦ Marisa Mori
◦ Georges Braque
◦ Umberto Boccioni
7. Dada, Social Realism, and Surrealism:
◦ Hans Arp
◦ Dorothea Tanning
◦ Gordon Parks
8. Abstract Expressionism and Pop Art:
◦ Beatriz Gonzalez
◦ Marjorie Strider
◦ Francis Bacon
9. Minimalism, Post-Minimalism, and Performance Art:
◦ Joseph Beuys
◦ Yoko Ono
◦ Donald Judd
10. Post-Modernism, Contemporary, and Deconstructivism:
◦ Charles Jencks
◦ Chloe Wise
◦ Kehinde Wiley
Once you’ve selected the 10 artists you would like to focus on, you’ll need to research answers to the following seven questions or question groups:
1. What’s the year of the artist’s birth (and, where applicable, death)?
2. Where was the artist born? Where did he or she create the majority of his or her work (if at a different location than this place of birth)?
3. What medium did the artist use? Did he or she use more than one main medium?
4. Which art movement did the artist contribute to? If he or she contributed to more than one movement, where did this artist make the greatest impact?
5. What are some of the artist’s most famous works of art? Choose one of these works. In what ways is the piece characteristic of the movement specified above? (Include an image of the chosen piece.)
6. What challenges, if any, did the artist face that may have affected his or her work? What was happening in the world at that time that influenced the artist’s work?
7. What’s innovative about the artist’s work for that time period?
You’ll then write an APA-formatted essay that contains a title page, a brief introduction and conclusion, in-text citations supporting your research, and a reference list. Answer each question using complete sentences. The essay should be a minimum of 1,200 words. However, most students finish the project in about 2,000 words.
Answer the questions in essay format; do not answer them in list format.
You’ll need to find at least one source for each artist from the internet, a library, or elsewhere. Be sure to use reputable sources when searching for information on your selected artists.
1. Your essay should be a minimum of 1,200 words.
2. Your essay should be double-spaced, with 1″ margins and 12-point Times New Roman font.
3. Your entire project should be contained in one (1) Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format file.
4. Your essay should include a cover page and works cited page using APA formatting.
Assignment For this project, you’ll answer seven questions about artists from ten of the art movements you studied throughout your course. You must select one artist from each of the following movements to research: 1. Neoclassicism: ◦ François-Xavier Fabre ◦ Adelaide Labille-Guiard ◦ Jacques-Louis David 2. Romanticism: ◦ Joseph Wright ◦ William Blake ◦ Sophie Fremiet 3. Realism and Impressionism: ◦ Gustave Caillebotte