You are required to submit a 2500 word paper which will explore and examine the evidence and values that underpin a selected policy or strategy (or one particular component of a policy or strategy).
The paper should demonstrate your achievement of the following learning outcomes;
- Critically analyse the key features of health policy. Include discussion on how to influence policy giving examples.
- Critically discuss the key features of health practice. Explore barriers to practice and evaluate the quality monitoring processes
- Give examples from practice which result in improving practice.
You are working in the Health and Social Care field and have been asked to conduct an appraisal of current health policy in the context of how the social determinants of health are being addressed.
Step 1: Identify a current public health policy that addresses a current health issue. Give a rationale for why this policy has been selected and clearly indicate how it relates to research and evidence.
Step 2: Critically examine how the policy problem has been constructed and consider the social perspectives and ‘drivers’ that have influenced the policy:
Step 3: Using an appropriate policy analysis framework, provide a critical analysis of the policy (e.g. Bardach)
Step 4: Propose an alternative approach or amendments to the existing policy, evaluating the potential benefit of these alternative views or approaches.
Step 5: Drawing on your findings from the policy analysis, discuss the strategy you would employ in order to influence policy makers.
Your work will be graded using the University level 6 grade descriptors; you can find a copy of these in the assignment brief folder in Wolf. You MUST submit your assignment through the electronic submission gateway in CANVAS. The submission deadline is 2pm UK time on Thursday 12th January 2023. Late submissions will receive a F0 grade.
This assessment will account for 100% of your overall mark.
- The paper is expected to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of health policy and strategy;
- The concepts and terms described in the paper should be well defined with appropriate reference to the literature as well as your own understanding;
- There should be a balance between theoretical presentation of the topic (i.e. drawing on the necessary theoretical perspectives) and practical implications for health (i.e. providing specific and practical examples);
- A range of literature sources providing contrasting and/or contradictory opinions should be provided, correctly referenced and discussed within the context of the paper. (NB. Only cited items should be included on the reference list)
- The references should include academic books and textbooks; peer reviewed publications from the academic journals; and reports by national and international organizations;
- Internet sources can be used (in addition to books, articles and policy reports), but these should be reliable and evidence-based sources, correctly referenced with the website address and date (NOTE: web links alone are not acceptable and Wikipedia (and other sites as such) ARE NOT appropriate references)
Formatting and presentation of the assignment
- The word limit for this assessment is 3000. If your work is 10% over or under this word count your grade will be reduced.(Reference lists and appendices are not included in the word count)
- You should include the module code, your student number, and the name of your iteration leader on the front page
- All referencing should be in line with the Harvard style of referencing (NOTE: papers that are not appropriately referenced will fail)
- Work must be proof read for grammar, spelling and formatting mistakes before handing in
- You should follow all additional advice in the ‘Fit to Submit’ guidelines and the Level 6 marking criteria, both of which can be found in the CANVAS topic
- An electronic Word version of your paper should be submitted online via CANVAS BEFORE the DEADLINE. If you fail to submit your electronic copy to CANVAS by the deadline your work will be considered late and penalized.
Get expert help for 6HL006 Assessment and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!
The post 6HL006 Assessment Guidelines appeared first on Universal Assignment.